The curriculums of our school, which is developed mainly from generall course study and humanistic education,
is designed to provide support for effective communication of knowledge, personality, philosophy and sensitivity to become artists.
In addition, we specialize in English classes for future artists who will contribute to the society and cultivate artists in this globalization era.
- Basic required Korean : Korean language, Korean literature, Writing & rhetoric Mathematics : Mathematics I, Mathematics II English : English conversation, English reading comprehension & writing Social Science : Social studies, Culture & society, Korean History, World History
- General elective Physical Education : Exercise & Health Cultural : Philosophy / Religion
Contemporary musicperformance Sight singing, Ear training, Harmony, Ensemble, Sound engineering & Equipment operation, Music theory: notation, Music history, Performance & Critique: performance workshop & Recitals, Music analysis: arranging, Music Business
Musical Theatre Sight singing, Ear training, Basic piano techniques, Music history
In the age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, creativity is the most important thing that cannot be replaced. With creative class, students will have a broad perspective and grow from an Artist to a Creator. All the teachers of creative class are from the field of art industry.
Like the proverbial saying, "One picture is worth thousand words", the master class in SMHS is with overseas artists
in the form of workshops, professional performances and recording.
Our students grow up to become artists by participating in special planning events such as various musical performances
which cannot be conducted at other educational institutes.
- Festivals All of our 8 departments hold special stages that express each departments unique characteristics. Students participate in auditions to perform on stage. Experimental performances are held at the concert hall with deep musicality.
- ShowcaseConcert It is the biggest annual performance of SMHS, where students can communicate with the audience. All of the students who perform must be selected from the audition. The annual showcase started in 2013 at Hannam-dong Blue Square, Gwangjin-gu Yes24 Live Hall, and Shindang-dong Gong-Gam Center. Since we started the showcase SMHS has received great attention from the Korean musical and the contemporary music scene.
- CollaborationWorks Artists (Nathan Sykes, Ross Lara, K-Tigers), Oversea Colleges (ICMP London, Musicians Institute-Hollywood, Full Sail University-Orlando) and Art institutions (Artphil)
- MFS program (Mentor Follow-up System) There are video monitoring, portfolio and performance analysis, mentor lectures, and special lectures to aid students as well as programs such as practical diagnosis and analysis to prepare for the college entrance examination.
- Master Class / Special Lecture We invite various professors and artists to provide broad perspectives and practical advices from the field.
Contents production and field internship
- Drum battle series, Festival & showcase video, planning video and cover production
- Joint participation with teachers for TV drama soundtrack, album recording, musical, theater, film, drama.
Major Performance Course
We have 8 academic departments which are led by each individual head dean.
It is responsive and sensitive to trends in art and leads flexibly to innovate with the curriculum.
Also, with tailored and personalized focus on each student’s career, in a selective few 3:1 ratio of students and teachers,
SMHS’s aspiring musicians could be more inspired and empowered to shape the future of music.